Traveling for business is not always easy because travelers sleep on the plane, pack constantly and are always on their mobile devices. All these activities can derail their daily routines making them grumpy. The first step to a stress free travel is to have a positive attitude and appreciate those that are willing to help. Frequent travelers have high chances of getting upgrades and extraordinary services if they ask for them politely in a joyful demeanor. While kindness is one way to reduce inconveniences and maximize traveling comfort, there are other practical things to be considered and travel tips to make your travel easy.
Tips For Easy Travel
- Limit Luggage To A Carry-on
It can be very stressful if you keep worrying about lost luggage or getting late to a meeting when traveling. The complete guide to lightweight travel recommend only carry-on. You only need to check in for the flight and head straight for airport security check and into the plane. When you don’t have a luggage check in, you won’t waste lots of time waiting for it once you have landed at your destination.
- Apply Technology When Planning
- Use sites with flight maps so that you check out the planes seating arrangement including detailed information about leg space and recline limits. Check out also the lavatories location, exit rows and galleys so that you can book a seat that provides maximum relaxation and makes working easier.
- Make hotel reservations from websites that host restaurants in your destination. This will make life easier instead of calling around to restaurants when you arrive at your destination.
- If you intend to drive a rented car when you arrive remember to bring a GPS which has the entire map of your location.
- Join A Rewards Program
If employees of a certain airline notice how frequent you fly with them, they are more likely to give you special favors and help. Join and become a member of loyalty and rewards programs and stick with it Members of such associations get earlier flight boarding, upgrades to first class, priority rooms in hotels and better treatment in general. Some car rental services will actually deliver your car to your convenient location personally, while others have to head to the company offices and retrieve their rental car.
- Dress Well
People that dress well and appear wealthier are given better services according to many travel experts. If you are dressed in presentation attire, you don’t have to be stuck in T-shirt and jeans in a meeting when the flight gets late or when your luggage is lost.
- Keep Your Bag Always Packed
Save lots of time by keeping your traveling bag packed with only a few clothing, shoes and essentials. Carry a thinner tablet or laptop and replace heavy hardcover books with eBooks. If you have to carry a coat or some heavy shoes, put them on to avoid carrying heavier luggage.
- Store Customer Care Service Numbers On Your Phone
Once you have the customer care numbers on your phone, it makes it easier to access the appropriate contacts in case the flight has been delayed or cancelled.